Novibet is looking for a Chief Accountant to lead our Accounting & Finance team in our HQ in Athens.
The position reports to the General Manager.
Do you have the experience required for this?
If yes then we would like to meet you!
Novibet was founded in 2010 and is an established gaming & betting, Greek company that operates in several countries across Europe through its offices in Athens, UK & Malta. Our fully registered online gambling websites Novibet.gr offer an easy to use betting platform for our clients, excellent customer care, good value in our odds offering and all these under a secure and safe environment.
The ideal candidate will have to:
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries
- Manage accounting team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely manner
- Supervision on the day-to-day operation of the accounting
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree in a related field is considered an asset
- 5 - 8 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in a multinational company
- Up to date knowledge of Greek accounting
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications and especially Excel
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner
- High standards of business ethics and professional conduct
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to organize time and plan actions effectively so as to meet simultaneous deadlines
- Strong communication and team management skills
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in the way we treat our people! We are proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees, including:
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Strong mentality of lifelong learning and professional development
- Career opportunities within a fast-paced environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Outstanding health medical plan etc.
Novibet regrets that due to the large volume of applications received, we will only consider those who solely correspond to job requirements as listed above.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.